• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ketan

Ketan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

I am not sure if this is right place to post this question. If not kindly let me know.

I have a question about the error that I see, while performing p4 resolve on a file.

Operation 'user-resolve' failed.
//BRANCH/PATH/filename is missing from the rev table!

Can someone please let me know what does this error means and how to fix it ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ketan

#2 Stephen Vance

Stephen Vance

Advanced Member

• PCP
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

It means you have database corruption, specifically that one of the revisions involved in your resolve (base, source or target) is missing from the metadata. Contact Perforce support.

Steve

#3 Ketan

Ketan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for your reply. Working with Perforce support to resolve the issue.

View PostStephen Vance, on 04 August 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

It means you have database corruption, specifically that one of the revisions involved in your resolve (base, source or target) is missing from the metadata. Contact Perforce support.

Steve

#4 p4swolf

p4swolf

• Staff
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:33 PM

I handled a Tech Support case just like this one a few weeks ago. This KB article:
    https://community.pe.../s/article/7761
solved the problem.

#5 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1077 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

If it's missing from the rev table rather than the working table, opening it for edit won't fix it.  I think the error in that case might be due to one of the source files being obliterated out from under you.

The best path forward is probably going to be to revert (use the -k flag if you want to preserve local changes) and then re-open the file for whatever you were doing.  If you were integrating and some revisions of the source (or the base) got obliterated while you were resolving, you'll want to re-run integrate so it can figure out what needs to be merged (if anything) out of whatever's left and what the new best base revision is.  If it was a normal edit and a revision you were resolving against got obliterated, you might not need to do anything at all other than re-open it (although you should double-check your diff to make sure it still makes sense and doesn't include any changes that were supposed to have been obliterated).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users