• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chungley

chungley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

I installed Eclipse Juno (4.2) early this week; after that I also installed a couple of plug ins including going to http://www.perforce....pse/install/4.2 to installed the P4Eclipse plug in.  Everything seems to be normal...  If I go to the Eclipse Installation Details, I can see the following:
Perforce SCM Support 2012.2.486944.

However, the problem is that beside that evidence, there is no other evidence that the plug-in was installed.  On another desktop where I had the Eclipse 3.7 installed, I noticed a couple of things:
1. After after installation, it asked me for the P4 server, the port and id.
2. After re-started Eclipse, if I select "New->Project", I will see "Perforce->Progects from Perforce"; or if I select "Window->Preferences", I will see an entry within "Team->Perforce" that allow me to do configurations.
I don't have any of those options...

Can someone give me some advices?  I am thinking about re-installing everything as my last resort....  I am still trying to search thru the web in the mean time.

Thanks...

--Chung

#2 alex

alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Can you post your installation detail as following:

Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Configuration

In addition, please also post the .log file under your workspace/.metadata/.log

That will be helpful to figure out the problem.

#3 broadm

broadm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

I am seeing this same problem with a fresh install of Juno and p4eclipse (nothing else).  I've also tried it with Indigo with the same result.  I've attached my installation configuration (no .log file has been created).  Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files

#4 broadm

broadm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I am seeing this same problem with a fresh install of Juno and p4eclipse (nothing else).  I've also tried it with Indigo with the same result.  I've attached my installation configuration detail (no .log file has been created).  Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files

#5 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Do you see a Perforce perspective in the Window > Open Perspective > Other... list?

#6 broadm

broadm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

No, there is nothing, no Perforce perspective, no Perforce views, no Perforce options in the Preferences.  It is just like the plugin hasn't been installed at all.  However all the Eclipse configuration information suggests that it has.

#7 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

What operating system are you on? I'll try to repro.

#8 broadm

broadm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

I am using Windows XP Pro.

Thanks

#9 broadm

broadm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

It seems I was running eclipse using the 1.5 JRE.  I switched over to JRE6 and hey presto!

Moral of the story - always read the requirements ;-)

Thanks

#10 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working. Please let us know if you run into any other problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users