1 reply to this topic

#1 jamess

jamess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

I’m having a problem with integrations and P4VS.

If I have a file open for integrate and need to make additional edits to it, I get a dialog box up which reads:

“Managed Source Code Control Provider

The file example.cpp you are trying to edit is read only on disk. Do you want do make the file writable so you can continue editing it?”

Saying “Yes” makes the file writable, but doesn't reopen it for edit. It simply seems to clear the read only flag. So if I then check in, it doesn't submit the edited version.

A file that’s open for integrate appears with a red tick in the solution explorer, and there’s no option there to open for edit, so the only solution I've found is to check out from P4V or the commandline.

Is this a bug or limitation of P4VS, or is there some option I’m missing somewhere? A few times, I’ve edited a file and forgotten to then check it out in P4V which results in broken code being checked in.

Thanks,

James

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

That looks like a bug that is already logged in our system against P4VS. I can't imagine there is a workaround for this one. I'll add your name to the issues and follow up with development on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users