1 reply to this topic

#1 Chris Woods

Chris Woods

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hey all,

I've been trying to setup a new p4 server under the whole awesome "20 users for free" promotion Perforce recently started.  Unfortunately, I've run into a snag.

I followed the p4 guide, got a p4 service running on a windows machine, and was able to connect to it locally and upload to the depot.  From there, though, I can't connect from any remote machine -- only from p4v on the same machine running the server.

I checked nstat, and it lists the computer as listening on '0.0.0.0:1666' instead of using it's internal IP, so it sounds to me like the server isn't listening for anyone to connect to a port from anywhere else.  I'm using Windows Firewall, and checked it's configuration.  I couldn't find a way to allow a service to run through the firewall (only programs), so I'm not sure if that's having any effect.

I really hate asking questions like this, as I feel this should be something totally obvious, but I'm just not seeing it.  Is there anything to the p4d setup that causes it to try to listen for other clients?  Did I somehow miss a step?

(other clients trying to connect to the p4 server fail with a WSAETIMEDOUT error, so it's not even establishing a socket connection with the server.)

Thanks!

Chris Woods

#2 tkosinski

tkosinski

Advanced Member

• Sandbox Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

From the remote machine, are you setting the P4PORT to <IP_of_your_test_machine>:1666 ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, connect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users