• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 akevan

akevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'm migrating a svn repo into P4. I've used the p4convert-svn to import my repo with the rev history, that works great. When I select a folder, it's history (***including changes for any child files/folders) is shown in the history view.

Then I move a that folder (trunk, for example). After moving, I select the folder and the recursive/child history of the folder is not shown anymore. Just the one commit of the move operation, and it seems to have reset the revision of all children to 1. If I drill down into a folder and select a file, I do see the full history as imported from svn, but it's split up into my moved file (at rev1), and the previous location's history.

How do I move the folder without resetting the revision number, so I can see the recursive history when the folder is selected?

I've attached images of the folder and the single file selection / history view.

Many thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• single.file.png
  • folder.png

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

There unfortunately isn't a way to do that inside P4V. When you move a folder you effectively create a new set of files with links in the database back to the original files. From the command line you could run 'p4 changes -i' on that new path to follow the integration/move history, but the history pane in P4V only has that functionality for individual files, not for folders. I can file a request with the development team if you'd like.

#3 akevan

akevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Matt. Yeah, that would be ideal... to see the full history after the move! I imagine it might be a bit tricky to recursively do that for the folders, but it would be a great addition to the client.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: history, move, folder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users