4 replies to this topic

#1 adubey

adubey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hello All,

We are using Perforce 2012.2 and recently few of users came across an issue when runnign p4 integ and got an error saying :
Excessive combinations of wildcard ... in path and maps. These users were able to do it in past.

At the same time, when I asked couple of members to do it; they were able to perform the integration using exact options and branch.

I already tried the below article which did not work for us:

http://answers.perfo...grade-to-2009-2

Please advice,

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

It may be that the first set of folks have protections entries that are complex so that the addition of those extra permutations puts them over the edge. I'm surprised to hear that the server tunables didn't work; they effectively make it so that you can remove the cap. What values did you try?

#3 adubey

adubey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

Thanks. server tunables did fix this problem. Users did not confirm this earlier.

Thanks again.

#4 akKix

akKix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

I am getting this error as well, this seems to be the only issue related to it so I figured I would post it here.

Server version: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2014.2/978861 (2014/12/19)

I have already adjusted the map variable:
map.joinmax1: 200000 (configure)
map.joinmax2: 20000000 (configure)

But I am still getting the same error. Any advice?

#5 P4Sam

P4Sam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:28 AM

Remove lines from the branch view, client view, and/or protections that have multiple wildcards in them.  The "excessive wildcards" error is usually the result of having multiple lines with multiple wildcards in multiple places (i.e. in both the protections and the client view).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Excessive, combinations, wildcard, path and maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users