• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 egarrison

egarrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

It does not look like our Commons server is sending email notifications when files are uploaded to monitored groups. I have been unable to find SMTP settings.  Does anyone know where to update the settings? This is a new Commons install off the .OVA file.  

Second question: Are we allowed to alter the Login page and branding?  I would like to update the page to have information about our help desk / support staff to it.

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Commons does not include support for sending out email out of the box (or OVA as the case may be ) at this time. If you have a Perforce review daemon setup that should send out notification email when people add files or comment on watched files and folders. The most recent version can be found here:

http://public.perfor...m/wiki/P4Review

I've asked the dev team about modifying the front page. In the first version we had a way to add text to that page, but I'm not sure if that mechanism still exists or has been modified. I'll get back to you when I hear.

#3 egarrison

egarrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thank you. I am still testing this. I think it seems to be blocked somehow.

#4 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

The email is blocked? Or a more holistic "proceeding with the application is block"? =)

I investigated customizing the front page of Commons and the feature is currently broken. I've filed a bug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Commons, notification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users