• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jlmasonRSE

jlmasonRSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Edit a file in Vis Studio (mine is 2010, but it may be the same in others) using p4vs plugin 2012.2 or 2013.1.
Save.
P4vs dialog pops, "the read only file is under source control. What do you want to do?".
The dropdown box only seems to allow for about 42 chars regardless of how wide you make the dialog.

It's probably not a problem in most companies, but our corporation (about 7000 employees) uses this tool to stick tags into the changelists before submission that are then parsed by other logging tools to blah, blah, blah. The point is by the time the tags all get entered there isn't any room left for the actual CL description to show (example attached).
dialog.png

Yes, we technically could append the tags at the end, but I can't imagine I could convince anyone to make that change. I actually thought it would be easier to convice Perforce to make the edit to allow the p4vs plugin to take up as much width as the dialog. So what'd'ya say?

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

Seems like an exceedingly reasonable request. I'll file it for ya.

#3 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

This has been addressed for our next release (2013.2) which we are expecting to be available by mid-July.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users