• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LucasM

LucasM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

I just upgraded to P4VS 2013.2 from 2013.1 and noticed I get intermittent crashes now. I attached a debugger and the callstack seems to be inside P4VsProvider.AsyncRefershNodesGlyphs calling GetSolutionFileName. If I switch back to 2013.1 the problem goes away.

Is anyone else seeing this? I also have VisualAssistX installed if that matters. I'm using VS2010 with SP1

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for the report. I don't see a job filed for this, so I think you may be the lucky first for this one. Are you taking any particular action when it crashes, or does it just fall over randomly?

#3 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

We have had some conflicts with Visual Assist in the past. What happens if you use P4VS 2013.2 with VisualAssistX disabled?

#4 LucasM

LucasM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

It's kind of random so it's too hard tell. It seems to happen most when use Go To Definition which causes a new tab to open.

One thing that is almost a 100% repro is to use the VAX find references tool then click one of the results but I'm not sure that is only VAX that's causing it. It definitely happens less often with VAX off though.

This is a crazy shot in the dark, but is the thread spawned to call AsyncRefreshNodesGlypsh created as a single threaded apartment? I was under the impression that the VS service objects were not actually thread safe: http://www.codeproje...isual-Studio-20 (the "Interacting with DTE2 COM interfaces from within a multithreaded application" part)

#5 sneftel

sneftel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm having a similar crash, but with VS2012 + VAX + P4VS 2013.2. It seems to manifest primarily when switching to VS from another application while the solution explorer is visible.

#6 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Our recent testing does not show VAX to be causing any issues. We are currently investigating a potential problem with refreshing file glyphs.

#7 scubadam

scubadam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I am also getting this crash with VS 2012 since upgrading to 2013.2 p4vs    
I seem to get this if connection to the P4 server is lost or interrupted maybe.
I would be able to test a fix as I get this several times a day.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users