#1 amolode

amolode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi,
I am working pretty much in CLI and would like to know how can I get info about the default changelist in the client view. I found that neither p4 describe nor p4 change -o have notion for default changelist.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

'p4 opened' will show you the list of currently opened files. The default changelist doesn't exist which makes it impossible to target with 'p4 describe'; it's just a per workspace bucket of all the files that aren't in a numbered changelist. What  information in particular are you looking to see about your default changelist.

#3 amolode

amolode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostP4Matt, on 08 July 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

'p4 opened' will show you the list of currently opened files. The default changelist doesn't exist which makes it impossible to target with 'p4 describe'; it's just a per workspace bucket of all the files that aren't in a numbered changelist. What  information in particular are you looking to see about your default changelist.
When I open a new changelist with p4 change command (on the command line or in a script) all the files pertaining to the default changelist quietly move there but they may not be related to the new change at all. I would like to check the default changelist for opened files prior to opening a new one and revert or reopen the leftover files.

#4 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

So you have a couple options:

When the change form comes up from running 'p4 change' you can edit the files list to remove any files that aren't pertinent to the change you are creating. They will automatically be left in the default changelist then.

The other workflow I use on occasion is to create an empty changelist, one with a description but no files, and then selectively add them as needed using 'p4 reopen'.

#5 amolode

amolode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

We ordinarily use p4 change in various scripts with the standard input, so the check and removal of transferred files is troublesome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CLI, describe, change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users