Putting a Java workspace into perforce using Eclipse?

eclipse perforce java workspace project help noob

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ajrobson

ajrobson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have a maven project which I am using for selenium web driver tests. In Eclipse I created a new workspace C:\SeleniumWebDriver

It's been ages since I have used perforce with Eclipse and am now having trouble submitting my work.

When I right click the package in eclipse > team > share project > perforce I see move to target is checked, When I set the target perforce workspace location it just ends up downloading all the files from an old workspace and showing them in my selenium workspace.

I set up a new workspace in perforce but when I follow http://www.perforce....ics/adding.html and mark for add I get a bunch of errors listing files that are "not under client's root C:\webDriver" (which is my new perforce workspace)

Can anybody help me get my work checked in?

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

I suspect you want to make your client root "C:\SeleniumWebDriver"; I believe that is where Eclipse is sticking all of your source code. With Perforce, all of the files you want to be controlled by Perforce have to be inside of the workspace root.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eclipse, perforce, java, workspace, project, help, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users