• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marksie1988

marksie1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

When creating the Swarm triggers in windows i get a syntax error.

I copied the triggers from the swarm config guide. here is what i have:

swarm.job form-commit job "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t job -v %formname%"
swarm.user form-commit user "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t user -v %formname%"
swarm.userdel form-delete user "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t userdel -v %formname%"
swarm.group form-commit group "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t group -v %formname%"
swarm.groupdel form-delete group "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t groupdel -v %formname%"
swarm.change form-commit change "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t change -v %formname%"
swarm.shelve shelve-commit //... "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t shelve -v %change%"
swarm.commit change-commit //... "%quote%e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs%quote% -t commit -v %change%"

have i done something stupidly wrong here? im using the latest version of perforce server and client.

Steve

#2 P4Geoff

P4Geoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Steve,

It looks like you have followed the instructions for setting up the triggers on a linux/mac p4d server.

For windows, the trigger lines are a bit different (and glancing at the docs, not well covered in our docs; I'll have that fixed!)

If you open a command prompt and run:
C:\windows\system32\cscript.EXE /nologo e:\perforce\swarm-trigger.vbs

When the script is run like that without arguments it will output the appropriate trigger lines to use on your system.

If that still gives you any trouble please do let us know.

#3 marksie1988

marksie1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

Great thanks, your right this isnt in the documentation, maybe worth changing it to have what you just showed me as this gave me the exact triggers required for my server which stopped any messing about.

Thanks agiain

#4 P4Geoff

P4Geoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Steve,

Thanks for the update happy to hear that got you sorted.

I have filled an issue with our Docs guy and he's working on updates to the relevant sections; we appreciate the feedback this should help other customers going forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users