• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kristin.steinhardt

kristin.steinhardt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

I added a file to a test space and added 4 additional versions. Then, I moved the file to a different space. Now, when I view the file in the new space, I can only see the history since the move. Because I could not see the entire file history in this location, I expected to see a history for a deleted file in the original space. When I check 'Show Deleted Files' in the original space, the file does not show up and do I cannot see the history of it here. From the activity page, since I recently added the 4 additional versions before moving it, I am able to click on one of those and see the 'deleted' file and its history. Once these activities fall off of the activity page (or get buried in many many more changes), I am not sure how I will be able to find these changes.

Attached Thumbnails

• Space 2 file view.png
  • Space 1 no deleted file.png
  • Activity feed.png
  • file deleted.png

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Commons should be keeping all the file history with the moved file. The attached screenshot shows a file from our internal instance. Which version of Commons are you doing your testing with, and are you using the OVA? I want to spin up the same thing as you to test.

#3 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Attachment fail on my part. Here it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 8.02.39 AM.png

#4 kristin.steinhardt

kristin.steinhardt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I am using the OVA and this testing was done in version 2013.3.656235.

#5 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

i had missed the fact you were moving between spaces. For reasons I can't currently recall, moving a file between spaces causes it to hide its previous history. Moving within a space maintains all of the history. I can't remember if this is a side effect, or an explicit design decision. I'd be happy to follow up with the dev team for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users