• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vikerman

vikerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

This is the last piece in our Swarm-Jenkins integration. I submit a changelist 123 for review and Swarm creates review changelist 124 and sends it to Jenkins.

In Jenkins I create a changelog.xml in the build script so that Jenkins displays the details of the change(124) for which the tests are being run (I run and parse "p4 describe" from my script)

The changelist 124 has all the information of the original changelist except for the username and client that created the original changelist. The changelist 124 instead  has the adminuser and swarm-GUID as the user and client.

How do I get the user name and client of the original changelist from the review changelist? This would be useful if I wanted Jenkins to notify the user when the tests fail.

I am assuming this can be done through some p4 command since Swarm stores all info in Perforce. If not would it be possible to expose two extra special variables in Swarm for username and client that can be passed to the Jenkins trigger URL?

Thanks,
Vikram

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

That's a fantastic question. I'm going to need to ask a Swarm developer about this one; I don't know the guts of Swarm that well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users