• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rmorales

rmorales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

I am testing Commons. I have file maintained there and a local copy in my computer. My memory is not good, so the questions I have are: How can I get reminded that particular file is in Commons? Is there a client that automatically marks the icons so that I could tell a file is under Commons control? Any best practice to deal with this problem?

Regards,
Rafael

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

Generally when you download a copy from Commons we add a little 'salt' to the file name so that we can uniquely identify it if and when it gets shipped around via email/chat. That's always a sure sign a file came from Commons.

With Commons you stick a copy in the system for safe keeping and then you are free to destroy your local copy. The application doesn't track the individual copy that is on your machine. I'll be perfectly honest; it's a big workflow shift from using something like Dropbox.

I personally use Commons heavily when developing decks for presentations. I tend to grab a copy from Commons when I need to work on it and when I am finished I stick my changes back in Commons and put the file in my trash bin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users