3 replies to this topic

#1 alexs

alexs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

My client: Perforce Visual Client/MACOSX106X86_64/2013.3/712133

For the last two days my P4V behaves incorrectly when I try to sync to some changelist. I right click on the changelist and select "Get Revision...". Usually in the list "Get or replace the following files/folders:" I have seen some root folder for the workspace and I could just click "Get Revision" button and sync to this changelist, but since yesterday I started getting a list of files from this particular changelist, i.e. "Get Revision" behaves as if I checked "Only get revisions for files listed in changelist" checkbox, even though I am not. Now to use "Get Revision" feature I need to remove all files from the list, then add a root folder of my workspace and only after that it will sync my workplace up to this changelist.

I thought that somehow some preference was set that would get the list of files in the changelist instead of a workspace folder, but could not find any in the P4V preferences. After that I ahve removed P4V from my Mac, removed references to p4v in ~/Library/ folder and reinstalled P4V, but it did not help - P4V still behaving as if the "Only get revisions for files listed in changelist" box is set.

Any ideas on what could go wrong?

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Use the 'History' tab instead of the 'Submitted' tab and you'll get the behavior you expect.

#3 alexs

alexs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

I do use the 'History' tab.

#4 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Darn, I was hoping it was just an incorrect tab. The behavior you describe is the behavior you get when calling 'Get Revision...' from the submitted changelist pane. I personally find myself using the incorrect tab on occasion and was hoping you had the same issue.

Do you have a complex client view? If you use 'Get revision...' from history on a file is the file listed in the dialog?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, mac, sync, revision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users