4 replies to this topic

#1 wsielski

wsielski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to force perforce users using premade convention of stream names. I've managed to create form-out trigger for stream and currently placing there my pre-made custom name. Unfortunately P4V totally ignores whatever I place in Stream and Name values in form. Is there any way to provide such pre-made names for streams and force P4V to show them?

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

What version of P4V and p4d are you using? I see in our issue tracker that this issue was addressed in 2012, but I have a suspicion you're on a newer version.

#3 wsielski

wsielski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

It looks like it's an old one:

P4V version: Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2012.2/527787

Any chance to bypass this issue on this version?

[UPDATE]
I've updated P4V to
Rev. Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2013.4/794378
, but it doesn't work either. Still stream name remain empty even if in command line client it's filled with my custom name.

Edited by wsielski, 11 March 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#4 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Currently you cannot force the name on the way out, but you can enforce it on the way in. It's a bit odd, but you could put a form-in trigger in place and catch new stream creation, forcing the name to match your convention. A bit odd from a user point of view, but it would work.

The changes that I was looking at were around grabbing the other fields in the stream spec that had been populated by a form-out trigger. Sadly name was not part of that.

#5 wsielski

wsielski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Yes, I came out with the same idea. But it's not as user friendly as I wanted it to be. Unfortunately the way P4V is generating stream form is also not really helpful. It uses fake stream name and fake parent name which also prevents from creating any tips for stream naming convention (like depot name and so on) in Description field which I can modify using form-out trigger. Sorry to hear that. Thank you for help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stream, trigger, form-out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users