5 replies to this topic

#1 dekarguy

dekarguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'm currently on Swarm 2014.1 and I've noticed an issue with the following gravatar:

http://www.gravatar....8?s=256&d=blank

It ends up overlapping the default avatar swarm has chosen for me (yellow honeycomb)

I've attached the resulting avatar that shows the bug, if I choose a gravatar that does not have a transparent background, it acts as normal

#2 dekarguy

dekarguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Forgot to hit the attach button

Attached Thumbnails

• overlap.PNG

#3 P4Geoff

P4Geoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Is it a bug? Or have we perhaps enhanced your existing avatar with some delicious honeycomb?

You're probably not going to fall for that; its pretty clearly a bug :)

I can see why the issue is occurring but a simple fix is not immediately obvious to me I'm afraid.
We'll dig into it more though and very much appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention (particularly with a screenshot to demonstrate).

#4 P4MarcW

P4MarcW

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

(Nice avatar of Boo BTW) :)

#5 dekarguy

dekarguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

This still seems to be happening on 2014.3.

I've also noticed something else that qualifies as a feature request.

We have a number of people on the team who don't care to go and change their Gravatar but have been issued the same profile pictures (2 flowers, 2 wasps). It would be nice to have some sort of admin interface to give them different avatars (perhaps from the set of provided ones) or have a custom avatar without relying on Gravatar. Another possible improvement would be to have all the pre-generated avatars in greyscale and have PHP generate a colorized image (random or based on user choice) to at least get some differentiation on those users that get duplicate icons.

Thanks!

#6 P4PetrH

P4PetrH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, we appreciate any customer feedback. It all sounds reasonable, but we have other priorities at the moment I am afraid.
The background issue with transparent avatars hasn't been fixed and will unfortunately occur in the upcoming release as well.

I am sorry I can't give you better news today. Your feedback is important to us and will be considered. Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gravatar, swarm, transparency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users