• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 karidrgn

karidrgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

I've managed to get p4java to create a changelist and add a file in my local workspace. However, I would like it to do the same when running on a Jenkins slave using the Jenkins perforce plugin.

I've had a user / workspace defined in the perforce depot, but when I tried to use it either locally or when run in Jenkins I only got an empty changelist, which I assume is because the workspace doesn't actually exist on the box. What would be the best way to resolve this? When I've done a check out using the P4 gui and this workspace, it automatically retrieves the latest version to my local (creating the directory structure if needed) and lets me add it to a new changelist. What method do I need to get p4java to duplicate this manual process? :unsure: I've looked at getDepotFiles() which only gets a list, not the actual file.

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

I want to make sure I understand your goal; you are writing a P4Java based tool to add files to the depot and you want it to run on the Jenkins slave using the workspace that Jenkins creates and syncs?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4java, jenkins, changelist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users