1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrei.Korol

Andrei.Korol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

Hi,
I am using new P4V version NTX64/2014.1/827578. When I open Folder Diff between any two code branches, the tool shows every single file as "Moved" (lightgreen-highlighted), even if there were no operations with the files at all.
For example, this happens when I create new child branch by "p4 branch", integrate files from parent using "p4 integrate -b", and then just compare child and parent folders. All the files should be identical, but all of them are treated as "Moved". This is very annoying, it became very hard to find the files which have been really changed, because cursor stops on every single file in a directory tree when I click "Next" or "Previous" button on the toolbar.
The only case when Folder Diff doesn't show all files as "Moved" is when I compare some path with itself.

Is it an expected behavior? If yes, is there any way I can turn off this strange "Moved"-detection feature to be able to use the tool as it was in previous versions?

Thank you in advance.

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

I've reproduced the issue and filed a bug against P4V for you. In the short term about switching to the flat file view in Folder Diff made it stop showing the moved files. It's not an ideal workaround, but it does cut down the visual noise quite a bit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4V, Folder, Diff, Moved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users