8 replies to this topic

#1 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hi. I need to upload a 5GB sized file to commons. If I try to add it as usual - I get the error:
A problem occurred uploading that particular file. Please wait and try again, or contact support.

How can I allow large files to be uploaded?

Regards,
Max

#2 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

How much free space does the OVA have on it in your installation. When I was a tester I routinely threw very big files at it (10GB+) and it would handle them well. I don't know of any default configuration to block large files on the OVA, but I'll also investigate that angle.

#3 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Thanks.

Today I was able to see the file prepared for File Valet since I was adding big files one by one. But still I get the following error when trying to add single .iso file:

The server was unable to accept your file valet choice, please try again, then contact support.

#4 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

And upload request stays as "pending" for quite a while and then fails with the following JSON response:

{"status":{"message":"Someone else has changed one or more of the files being updated. Please retry your upload.","code":4408},"payload":"No files to submit from the default changelist.\n serverCode=[806427698]"}

#5 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

As for free space, I think I have 56 Gig free on my OVA machine virtual HDD:
Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 17.09.16.png

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 17.09.16.png

#6 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

And now even a better error via json response:

{"status":{"message":"Connection error: Could not connect to the Perforce server","code":4053},"payload":"java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out\njava.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out\njava.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"}

#7 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Since it's an OVA-based install, I am using a local p4 server for commons, as preconfigured.

#8 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

And the last thing - when I've tried to upload the file to commons from within the same network that commons server operates in - I had no problem adding the file.

Timeout is clearly the problem in cases of a slow uploads. There should be a way to tune that in Commons config/ p4d config.

#9 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

If you are having memory or cpu issues, it may be better to make the ova install create a bigger VM.
Depending on your VM hosting software, (VMware and VIrtualBox), just shutdown the host
then edit the VM's settings; or also alter the settings on import.

{"status":{"message":"Someone else has changed one or more of the files being updated. Please retry your upload.","code":4408},"payload":"No files to submit from the default changelist.\n serverCode=[806427698]"}

- This message occurs due to open files in a numbered changelist after a submit failed.
  Commons was looking for files in the default changelist. Do the following steps to
  clear and revert these files and try again.

1. Delete your commons client.

p4 client -d -f commons_uclient

2. Log out of Commons

3. Log back in to Commoms and client gets re-created

If you are having timeout issues, the Perforce Knowledge Base can help, for example:

http://answers.perfo...r-Login-Timeout

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maximum, file, size, commons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users