12 replies to this topic

#1 bussifisch

bussifisch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

it would be really great if there would be a Perforce package for the Diskstations. I know that it can be hacked, but it would be great if it can be done by just installing a package because

* I would save the time and effort for hacking ;-)
* The disk station is vital for me and so I dont want to touch it's config/setup on a "hack" level.

I think the Synology diskstations are fine tools and having Perforce for it and having Perforce available for them would help spread Perforce usage quite a bit.

BR

Nik

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi @bussifisch

Perforce has an existing enhancement request for a package for installation on Synology Diskstation products which are essentially ARM based linux systems.

I can gladly add you to this request, if you would like. Also you can always email enhancement or build requests at support@perforce.com

#3 mikado2005

mikado2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

This would be great!  Note however, that not all Synology products run on ARM processors. I own a DS413 which runs on a dual-core e500v2 (PPC) platform.  I tried running the standard Perforce PPC 32-bit binaries on the system; some run, others (notably and sadly, p4d) throw Invalid Instruction exceptions and die.

#4 majorf

majorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

Is there any news on this please?

I'd really like to get Perforce working on my DS215j, I have managed to start the Perforce server on it but I can't find out how to open port 1666 on the Diskstation and I'm tired of trying!

Unless anyone knows how to do that please? I don't want or need external access, just LAN access from my computers,

Thanks.

#5 TFlow

TFlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

The post is a old, but still the first match on google when searching for perforce DiskStation support.

View PostP4Shimada, on 19 June 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Perforce has an existing enhancement request for a package for installation on Synology Diskstation products which are essentially ARM based linux systems.
I can gladly add you to this request, if you would like. Also you can always email enhancement or build requests at support@perforce.com

What's about that feature/package to run perforce on DSM?
I think NAS and especially Synology Diskstation is very often used in small companies and for private IT projects.
Is there any easy guide or better a complete DSM package for DiskStation Manager to install perforce and perforce usage?

best regards
flow

#6 yhs

yhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:30 AM

Yes, really need it too. Is there any new support for this?

#7 TFlow

TFlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:54 PM

I also still want to know, even my post in a half year old.

#8 TFlow

TFlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

View PostTFlow, on 28 May 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

The post is a old, but still the first match on google when searching for perforce DiskStation support.

What's about that feature/package to run perforce on DSM?
I think NAS and especially Synology Diskstation is very often used in small companies and for private IT projects.
Is there any easy guide or better a complete DSM package for DiskStation Manager to install perforce and perforce usage?

best regards
flow

Do I get something wrong and this is not a support forum? Or is perforce having enough (or too much) customer and is not interested in new one? Or are our companies too small to get answers?

Weeks, months... waiting for answers. Even when it is not done and not planed, some information would be nice. Also an advice if we miss something on this topic.

Also this thread with a similar topic is awaiting feedback:
https://forums.perfo...nreal-engine-4/

Would be really nice to get some support with running perforce on DiskStation for example for UE4 Repositories. An actual guide would be perfect.

best regards

#9 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:44 PM

The official channel for Perforce support is support@perforce.com.  This forum is mostly for user discussion; Perforce staff post here sometimes but it doesn't have an SLA like the official support email does.

#10 TFlow

TFlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:17 AM

Thank you, so I will use the support email.

But speaking of SLA, I want to mention that I was not speaking of awaiting answers after "some" hours/days. But looking in the last 5 posts, shows that it is more speaking of months (and years looking at posting date of majorf). But ok, when it is more like a user discussion forum, then it should be ok.
Even when telling solutions in forums (in my opinion), have the great advantage, that the next customer do not have to ask per email, but better find the answer by simply google-search or forums-search. :-)

#11 yhs

yhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:39 PM

I agree with above. It would be nice to have official tech support on the forum.

#12 yhs

yhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Just emailed to Perforce support team and ask for a package for installation on Synology. But it needs to purchase a support service to have this support.

#13 PauStGall

PauStGall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:55 AM

View Postyhs, on 19 November 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

I agree with above. It would be nice to have official tech support on the forum.

Yes. But a lot of questions can be solved on the forum.
Nothing is eternal under the Moon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: perforce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users