AccessException: Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset. Null message body; hope that's ok

AccessException: password invalid Null message body

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 awm

awm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hello,
I am trying to use the perforce java API com.perforce.p4java.core.IChangelist.submit(boolean arg0) to submit the changelist into perforce server. Although the changelist gets submitted into perforce it throws below exception
com.perforce.p4java.exception.AccessException: Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset.Null message body; hope that's ok
I have checked the login session from perforce client, and it is still active. I am able to access the perforce client with no issues.

It used to work before with no issues, but suddenly it has started giving this exception.

I am using perforce server version
Server version: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2013.3/822226 (2014/04/08)
Perforce Visual Client/NTX86/2010.2/317255

Perforce Java API version is - p4java-2012.1.469775.jar

Please let me know if i am missing anything or any configuration.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Ashish

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hi @awm,

Is the Perforce user in a group where the Timeout setting is "unlimited"?

#3 awm

awm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The perforce user is not in a group with unlimited timeout setting.

#4 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

Please set the user group field (p4 group <groupname>) as such

Timeout: unlimited

Then after modifying this setting, log the user in to Perforce.

REFERENCES

http://www.perforce....f/p4_login.html

http://answers.perfo...n-interactively

http://answers.perfo...s-and-Passwords

#5 awm

awm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hello P4Shimada,
Our admin won't accept to change the user group timeout to "unlimited". As the group of this user does not fall under "unlimited" timeout category.

Also, i am not able to understand how this issue is about login timeout. As the same user is logged in from p4client but not from the p4-java api.
This is reproducible everytime we run the IChangelist.submit(boolean arg0) method from p4-java api.

One more thing is - before i am executing the IChangelist.submit(boolean arg0) method, the IOptionsServer.getChangelist(int id) method is getting executed with no issues. It's only for the submit API is it failing.

Thanks,
Ashish

#6 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for the additional details concerning that the message only occurs on submit.

One culprit and solution for receiving this 'Password invalid' message is covered here:

http://answers.perfo...011-1-and-later

I do not know if this applies to your case or not as I am not sure which versions you use.

We do not have any current reported issues with IChangelist.submit and user logins so I
am guessing it is something minor with your configuration in either the java api or with the
user password and login.

#7 awm

awm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

The same code works for some users, but for some users the submit API fails with message
AccessException: Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset. Null message body; hope that's ok

We are not able to find any difference in the user settings.
Are there any special settings that we need to do for that particular user?

#8 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

If it works for some users but not others, perhaps check if they are logged in or need to set a password. Then have those users log in again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AccessException:, password, invalid, Null message body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users