P4GT bugs - is source available anywhere?

p4gt

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wdbdesign

wdbdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

We're running into bugs and annoyances in the P4GT plugin, and I'm wondering if the source is available for download anywhere.  If possible, we'd like to avoid rewriting the plugin only to fix a few problems.

Current bugs and issues:
- Incorrect handling of files containing the @ symbol in the filename
- No way to turn off error/warning and confirmation dialogs, making batch operations pointless

Thanks!

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hi,

Currently, P4GT is not open source. The Perforce open source projects and code are available here at the Perforce Workshop website:

http://wiki.workshop...rforce_Workshop

A] File name(s) with @ symbol

To refer to files containing the Perforce revision specifier wildcards (@ and #), file matching wildcard (*), or positional substitution wildcard (%%) in either the file name or any directory component, use the ASCII expression of the character's hexadecimal value. ASCII expansion applies only to the following four characters:

Character	ASCII expansion
--------	 ---------------

@			%40

#			%23

*			%2A

%			%25

As stated under 'Limitations on characters in filenames and entities':

http://www.perforce..../filespecs.html

B] Turning off error/warning and confirmation dialogs

Have you checked the plugin settings? For example, in Maya, choose Windows->Settings/Preferences->Plug-in Manager.

To better trouble-shoot, please confirm:

- What version of P4GT are you using and experiencing these issues/bugs?
- What version of Windows are you using?
- What version of the Perforce server are you using? [p4 info]
- Are you using Photoshop, Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage?

#3 Robert Butterworth

Robert Butterworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hi, I would like to second having the source for this. When planning and testing future versions of Content Creation tools we want to include version control intergration to have the completion workflow. If relasing the source is not an option, is there a way to get pre-release versions of the plugins for just released software?

Cheers,
Rob.

#4 wdbdesign

wdbdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

In a July 22nd webinar titled "Welcome to the Workshop: Perforce for Open Source Development" Matt Attaway mentioned that P4GT was "pretty much ready" to be open-sourced and was just going through some final steps before being available on the Workshop.

No news since then, and I've been watching the Workshop but it hasn't shown up yet.  P4Shimada, can you or P4Matt give us an update?  Thanks!

#5 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

It's live as of about 5 seconds ago:

https://swarm.worksh...e-software-p4gt

If you create a Workshop account you can map the code into a workspace to sync it, or branch it into your own area to work on. In the coming weeks we'll be adding an easy download feature from the site, but for right now you need to use Perforce.

Please let me know if there are any problems. Our internal team tested to make sure it would build on a handful of different configurations, but being a fresh new project there may be issues. Any custom versions of P4GT are not supported by Perforce support but please feel free to post here and the community team (and the community!) will help as much as possible.

#6 wdbdesign

wdbdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Thanks Matt!

#7 P4Matt

P4Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Also, I'd like to plug Piper while I'm in here; it's  really nice artist focused P4V replacement. I use it quite a bit for my Workshop work.

https://swarm.worksh...-software-piper

Right now it's Mac only, but I hear rumors we might be getting a Windows version in the near-ish future.

#8 wdbdesign

wdbdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Our artists are primarily on Windows, so we'll look into it when it's available!

#9 Robert Butterworth

Robert Butterworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

Awesome Sauce!!!! Thanks :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4gt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users