We're using P4VS in Visual Studio 2013. The issue is that upon loading our (large) solution, VS hangs for ~5 minutes and issues about 20k fstat commands.
This is similar to: http://forums.perfor...-p4vs-slowness/
Here's my theory to why this is happening:
- Looking at the logs, P4VS gets its list of all files already submitted by using this command: fstat -Olhp -m 100000 d:\xxx\yyy\...
- However, running that command without the -m flag returns around 120k results, which means P4VS thinks around ~20k files aren't submitted.
- And that's the problem: It seems that P4VS will call fstat for each of those 20k files, and this causes the hang.
In the P4VS options, I've tried:
- "Automatically add new files to Perforce": When unticked, those fstats are still performed.
- "Treat Solution/Projects as directories when selected": When ticked, the hang doesn't occur but this breaks things like automatically checking out a file when you start typing, which defeats the point of using the plugin in the first place.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013, Version 12.0.30324.00 Update 2 RC
- Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.5.50938
- P4VS 2013.3.78.1524 and 2014.1.85.4506
Any help appreciated.