4 replies to this topic

#1 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

We've had several times now where developers accidentally added a changelist to a review that they did not intend. How do you back out unintended changes to a review?

Also, if a changelist is accidentally associated with the wrong review, how do you associate it with the correct review?
--
Brian

#2 P4dmountney

P4dmountney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

We don't currently have a way of letting users back out changes to the review, and reassign them elsewhere.

If it was a pending change, the developers will have to create a new pending change, an move their work there, so they can attach it to a different/new review.

We do have an admin endpoint that is supposed to let admin/super users remove versions from a review (removing the change from the review, and allowing 'committed' changes to be re-attached elsewhere.) But I just tested it and it is currently not working correctly, it leaves the review in a poor state. I will log a job for it and hopefully get it cleaned up. (Note that even this endpoint, won't remove the developers pending changelist from being associated to the review. So they will still need to create new pending changelists. But it will remove their changes from being present in the review versions.)

#3 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the update. Is "getting the admin endpoint working" on the development roadmap yet?

It is unfortunate that there is currently no way to clean up a corrupted review.
--
Brian

#4 P4dmountney

P4dmountney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

The issue is logged, but not triaged to a release yet. I would suggest either:

- Emailing support, referencing this forum topic. They will be able to attach your customer contact info to the job, raise the chance that it will get triaged, and start a caseId that can be better followed up on.

or

- Message me your company contact details, and I can attach the info to the job, and raise it to the greater team.

#5 Bruce Mc

Bruce Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationSeattle Area

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

Any update on this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users