4 replies to this topic

#1 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

Is there a puppet module for SDP? I don't see one anywhere but am hoping I am missing something. I'm aware of vcsrepo but was looking for a fully puppetized SDP if it's available. Thanks.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

Hi Miles,

Are you looking for pre-written Puppet modules that automate the Perforce SDP installation and tasks?

http://www.perforce....ulting-overview

The SDP package has scripts that handle the initialization, backups (checkpoints) etc. These set of scripts are deployed by Perforce Consulting to manage a customer's Perforce server.

There is record of other Perforce customers who use Puppet as seen here in slide 7, 8, 15, 16 where a customer (Intuit) illustrates how they include the Salt and Puppet tools in their configuration:

http://www.perforce....hing-slides.pdf

I will also contact our Consulting team to make them aware of your inquiry, in case they have some additional input.

#3 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Hi Miles,

I spoke to our consulting team about your inquiry. There is no Puppet module for the SDP.  Due to all the customer specific configuration in the SDP, it would make this difficult.

#4 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

I was, indeed, l;ooking for puppet modules to deploy the SDP. Thanks for the feedback.

#5 Miles O'Neal

Miles O'Neal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

For the record, there is now a Puppet module for the SDP. The last release was still an early release, but it's out there, FWIW. The module is written by a former Perforce consultant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users