3 replies to this topic

#1 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi. It is very often, when I upload a large file to Commons via web UI, I wait through "Preparing file for FileValet" and then, when I click Done, I get the error after a while that the file can't be added. Even though I know it has been uploaded. Bad logic in upload procedure surely, but I am not seeing Commons being updated that often to request a fix or enhanced uploader.

Instead, could you please tell me how I can add file to Commons folder not via web UI (via P4V for example), and still have it show up in commons space and be just like other files I've added through UI.

Thank you in advance.

#2 p4laurette

p4laurette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hi Max,

You could add the files directly to the Perforce server on the backend of Commons.  However, only do this if you competely understand how the files are stored and it will require that you have permission to the areas.  The Admin Guide for Commons talks a bit about how it's configured.  You could grab the OVA and create a test instance for yourself and practice practice practice, test test test before considering doing it to a production instance.

#3 Tubah

Tubah

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

View PostMax Pavlov, on 16 November 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Instead, could you please tell me how I can add file to Commons folder not via web UI (via P4V for example), and still have it show up in commons space and be just like other files I've added through UI.

Just submit the file to the proper directory as you would any other file    Commons does not care if the file came from P4V, the command line, or Commons.

For your file's actual depot path, navigate to any file in the same directory, show details, then "Share" and pick "Depot path".

If your Commons is based off commons.ova, note that the default config has the Perforce server listening on localhost:1666.  That 'localhost' makes it inaccessible to other machines.

#4 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Thank you Tubah, had to change localhost to IP, recofigure commons in jetty to work with the new host address and everything worked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: commons, large-files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users