2 replies to this topic

#1 Moshe Goren

Moshe Goren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hi all,

Our project contains files of an RTOS that have to be part of the workspace files for the build process. These files rarely change yet they constitute the majority of the projects files.
The problem is when performing Folder Diff (which I perform to make sure I haven't missed a changed file) take a long time since the Diff always searches through the RTOS files. I tried using IGNORE and unmapping the files but this does not affect the Folder Diff in any way (while the files were unmapped the Folder Diff took even longer...)

Is there any way to support this? That is to be able to exclude folders from the Folder Diff?

Thanks,

-Moshe
Panasonic Avionics

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hi Moshe,

Sorry you are having troubles with these RTOS files. What version of P4V are you using (P4V Help -> System Info)? There is a filter feature since version 2012.1 which should allow you to exclude these files:

http://www.perforce....er/p4vnotes.txt
#438210 *
Folder Diff supports post filtering of the results on file names and
folder paths.  Filters can be saved and stored as named filters to
preferences.

Have you tried this filter feature with Folder Diff? In the Folder Diff dialog, there is a yellow filter icon. Click the filter icon and select 'Filter...' and a Filter Files window appears where you can set up your filter preferences and save them.

Talk with you soon.

#3 Moshe Goren

Moshe Goren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Hi P4Shimada,

Sorry I have not responded. I totally forgot about my post and was not alerted that you had answered.

My P4V client is: Rev. Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2014.1/888424

The filter feature does not help since my problem is the time it takes for the folder diff tool to finish scanning all the differences, whereas the filter is ony applied after the scanning is done.
I would like to be able to tell the folder diff tool in advance not to scan specific subfolders so that it won't take a couple of minutes each time I look for diffs.
The files in question are embedded RTOS files that do not change at all and there is no need to scan them each time, but I cannot remove them from my workspace directory since I need them for the project build.
Excluding them from the P4V workspace doesn't help either since the folder diff tool scans them and shows them as files not in the workspace.

As far as I can understand this is something the current folder diff tool does not support but maybe it could. Or should.

Thank you for your time,

-Moshe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diff, Folder, Exclude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users