No replies to this topic

#1 RavenAB

RavenAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

Hi,

We're aiming to set up Perforce as our version control software in the beginning of next year. However, I'd really appreciate some guidance on best practices. I've already read a bunch of guides on Perforce, but I'm not sure I've understood the best way of working yet.

We're using Unity, and have a bunch of very big projects ranging from 1 to 30+ GB. We'd like to eventually migrate all projects to be under Perforce control.

Currently, all team members have local folders called UnityProjects, under which all projects reside. We've been using the Unity Asset Server for source control so far.

So, basic questions:
  • How do we setup the workspaces for each team member? Should we have one workspace each, containing all the projects, ore one workspace per project?

• It seems to me that streams are the new way of working, so if possible I'd like to have that setup from the beginning. Are there any downsides on using this?

• We plan to use P4 Connect, but can't seem to find much opinions on it. Is this a stable product, or should we use the built-in Perforce support instead?
Any hints much appreciated, as we'd really like to have this done properly from the beginning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unity, structure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users