1 reply to this topic

#1 dearvivekkumar

dearvivekkumar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

Hi All,

I'm very much new to peforce SCM. I've modified some files locally in my workspace, now I want to see the list of modified file or files which is different from #head changelist in p4v visual client.

Thanks
Vivek Kumar

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

Hi Vivek Kumar,

Have you tried doing the following steps in P4V?

1] Click the Workspace tab

2] Select the folder you want, right-click and choose 'Diff Against'

3] In the Diff window for 1st Path, choose the radio button 'Workspace version on local disk'

4] In the Diff window for 2nd Path choose the radio button 'Latest revision'. Then click the Diff button.
The Folder Diff window shows unique files, file differences and moved files as a count. Then you can step through each diff per depot

Depending on what other details you want to see, you can also use the reconcile feature and do the following:

1] Click the Workspace tab

2] Select the folder you want, right-click and choose 'Reconcile Offline Work'. The Reconcile Offline Work dialog shows you Modified files that you need to check out; Local files that are not in the depot that should be marked for add; Depot files missing from the workspace that should be marked for delete.

If you want to implement the 'p4 diff -f -sa' command in P4V, you can implement this feature in P4V using a custom tool. Anything that is done on the command line or a script can be put in a custom tool. More information on custom tools can be found in the P4V application help. In P4V Help go to Contents -> Utilities -> Configuring Custom Tools.

http://www.perforce....stom_tools.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, diff, status, p4 diff -f -sa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users