#1 beau.vue

beau.vue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

I'm testing Perforce's native ldap integration and following the blog at:
http://www.perforce....ithout-triggers

I noticed that the Perforce username can be passed in using the placeholder %user%.

About 60% of our Perforce accounts are not using the username format of "firstname.lastname" that we would like to use to authenticate against ldap. Performing a "p4 renameuser" is not an ideal solution. We have an external authentication trigger that uses the email attribute to authenticate.

Does anyone know if the email attribute of the Perforce account can be passed into the native Perforce ldap integration similar to that of %user%?

Thanks.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Hi Beau,

Are you requesting that authentication be done by email instead of username? I want to make sure I understand correctly.  The documentation on the auth methods can be found in the admin guide here:

http://www.perforce....html#auth.users

#3 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Beau,

Just as a follow up, in case you were indeed referring to LDAP email authentication...

Currently, no, the email attribute cannot be used in place of %user% for LDAP authentication. However, we always welcome suggestions to enhance our products. I have added your name and email, on your behalf, to an enhancement request for an LDAP email authentication option instead of user name. Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#4 beau.vue

beau.vue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Hi P4Shimada,

Sorry for not getting back. Thanks for adding me to the list of enhancements for an LDAP email authentication option instead of %user%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ldap, email

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users