2 replies to this topic

#1 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

I discovered a situation where two different changes were flagged for review because they introduced compiler issues. Another developer saw these and fixed both in a single changelist.

I successfully added the CL to the first review then approved it, but when I tried to add the CL to the second review to close it, an alert popped up that the change was already part of another review.

My workaround was to simply approve the original review with a comment that in was fixed by the CL, but it would have been nice to approve it with the CL directly.

Should adding a CL to multiple reviews be allowed, or is this workflow fundamentally flawed?

Thanks,
Pete

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your feedback and use case. There is an existing enhancement request to allow multiple changelists in a review.  I have added your contact details to the report.  Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#3 dalittle

dalittle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostP4Shimada, on 15 January 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your feedback and use case. There is an existing enhancement request to allow multiple changelists in a review.  I have added your contact details to the report.  Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

Multiple changelists in a review would be a great feature.  I checked a bit and could not find an update on this.  Has it been added to p4swarm?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, commit, approve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users