Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

We are seeing errors of the variety:

2014-10-02T16:20:42-07:00 ERR (3): JIRA failed to post resource:
http://jira.audience.local/rest/api/latest/issue/24783-p4-prod-bugs-prod/remotelink (404 - Not Found).
{"request":"GET \/rest\/api\/latest\/issue\/24783-p4-prod-bugs-prod\/remotelink HTTP\/1.1\r\nHost:
jira.audience.local:8081\r\nConnection: close\r\nAccept-Encoding: gzip, deflate\r\nUser-Agent:
Zend\\Http\\Client\r\nAuthorization: Basic amlyYWNG5jQ0tNeSNQNFJBXnA=\r\n\r\n","response":null}

It seems Swarm is wanting to update JIRA because the change is associated with a Perforce Job and the assumption is that since it has a job it must be linked to a JIRA issue, I mean what else can it be!

Alas, though, this not a JIRA issue but a Bugzilla bug. We name these using a "p4-prod-bugs-prod". We do use P4DTG and we do have it configured to set up Bugzilla related Perforce jobs. We also have it configured to set up JIRA relates Perforce jobs. So why is Swarm trying to post JIRA information to the Bugzilla side of P4DTG? And how do we fix this?

Note: We will probably turn off P4DTG for Bugzilla but I could envision shops who will have both JIRA and Bugzilla and use Swarm and continue to have a problem like this.

Please advise. Thanks.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

Hi Andrew,

I see you have already opened a case with our Tech Support team and are being assisted by Chris. He is working on this issue for you and conferring with our Swarm developers. Thank you for sending over your output of the Project folder in the Swarm cache so our developers can investigate further.

#3 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

??? I haven't sent over my output of the Project folder in the Swarm cache! I haven't even been asked yet!

#4 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Andrew,

I see. Perhaps I misread your case. Nevertheless, Chris will be in touch ASAP and is consulting with our developers on your behalf regarding this issue.

#5 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Been working with support. Turns out it's pilot error but I was not flying this plane! You see our users (bless their souls but they know not what they do! :rolleyes:) are creating reviews and then adding jobs but rather than adding the job that corresponds to the "now migrated to JIRA Bugzilla bug" they are putting in the job that points to the Bugzilla job. In all fairness this could also have happened because we had not yet migrated their old Bugzilla bugs. I'll need to let people know how to do this correctly but this kinda explains this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Swarm, JIRA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users