14 replies to this topic

#1 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Is there an easy way for an admin to query / filter / sort open reviews by reviewer?

We have a few outstanding open reviews, and I'd like to be able to see who's not reviewing in a timely manner so I can alert (nag) them.

I know that I can use http://swarm/reviews...username#opened, but that only seems to work for my own username.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

Hi Pete,

Are you looking for a filter that would let you keep only reviews the given user is a reviewer of? We can certainly add you to an enhancement request for this as it has come up for discussion and review with our development team.

The current way to filter it would be to do the below url instead:

http://swarm-url/rev...USERNAME#opened

This will get all the reviews with that user as reviewer and all reviews that user is reviewing.

#3 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Ah yes, that did the trick. The key was ?keywords=USER#opened, I was using participants=USER#opened (which is what we see when we select the "My Reviews" button).

Is there a list of the different URL keywords that we can use? If not that would be great to have in the docs.

Thanks!

#4 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

Is there some similar magic to display a list of reviews that a specific user has authored?
--
Brian

#5 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

Hi Brian,

Using the filter URL as mentioned above:

will get all the reviews with that user as reviewer and all reviews that user is reviewing.

#6 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hi Pete,

I will talk to the Swarm development team about getting a list and perhaps we can add it to our Knowledge Base, to make it more helpful.

#7 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostP4Shimada, on 17 February 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Hi Brian,

Using the filter URL as mentioned above:

will get all the reviews with that user as reviewer and all reviews that user is reviewing.

Which returns 50 reviews, 5 of which I created. The only way I know how to find those 5 that I created is to individually look at each and every one of the 50 reviews that the search returned. Is there a better way to find only those reviews that I created?

Are there any plans on putting in an advanced search capability (such as what Bugzilla and most other bug tracking packages have)?
--
Brian

#8 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

Hi Brian,

There are several existing enhancement requests regarding different search features that people would like. Are there any particular/specific features from Bugzilla's search features that are important to you?

#9 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

To answer the question of whether there is a way to display a list of reviews by author - not currently unfortunately.  The reviews are indexed by author, so this is something our development could do, but presently do not.

The supported filters are listed here (note the fields parameter is only available via the API endpoint):

See: "GET /api/v1.1/reviews/"
https://swarm.perfor....endpoints.html

#10 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for the response. The three searches that come immediately to mind are by author, by creation date, and by commit status (e.g. show me all the open reviews that have had changes committed against them). Beyond these would be something closer to Bugzilla's 'Advanced Search' page (not including their "Custom Search" feature).
--
Brian

#11 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We always welcome suggestions to enhance our products. I have added your name and
email to an enhancement request for this issue (Advanced search by author, creation date, commit status, open reviews) on your behalf. Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#12 lhota_imangi

lhota_imangi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:00 PM

Is there a way to up vote the features briand requested?   How can we check the status of these requests?

Please add me to the enhancement request.

Thanks!

#13 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

View Postlhota_imangi, on 02 March 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

Is there a way to up vote the features briand requested?   How can we check the status of these requests?

Please add me to the enhancement request.

Your email has been added to the enhancement request for an advanced search by author, creation date, commit status, open reviews.  Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

If you ever want to track this particular issue, just reference this email forum link in an email to support@perforce.com. However, checking the release notes will always update you on all the new features and fixes:

http://www.perforce....n/release-notes

In addition, here is another good link that covers patch notes:

http://www.perforce..../patchnews.html

#14 absalom1

absalom1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:55 PM

The documentation for "My Review" explained that it filters by author and reviewers but not it is changed to filter by author only.
Moreover there is a release history of the change on 2015.3

#1237763, #1239247 (Bug #77648)
        The 'My Reviews' button now filters reviews to show only those
        authored by the current user.

Added a new author filter to the list reviews API endpoint
        (GET /api/v1.2/reviews). This bumps the version for all endpoints
        to v1.2.
Is there anyway I can filter reviews by reviewer?
Both of "keywords" and "participants" URLs don't work and I think a button would be easier to understand than URL

#15 RandyKnapp

RandyKnapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

View Postabsalom1, on 03 March 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

Is there anyway I can filter reviews by reviewer?
Both of "keywords" and "participants" URLs don't work and I think a button would be easier to understand than URL

This feature request seems to be over a year old. We would also love to have this as a feature. Essentially a list of reviews that are still open that I am assigned as a reviewer, like a To-Do List for reviews I haven't done yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reviewer, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users