2 replies to this topic

#1 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

I find that i like to add a comment to a particular line as the reason for the review, flag it as a task, and request a review in one step.

Currently, I can only flag a comment as a task if the CL is already opened for review, so i must first request the review, then add the comment & flag it. When this happens, the developer first see's my review request, then a separate email with the comment.

It would be very nice to be able to examine a CL, click on the line to add a comment, and be able to check Flag as Task and even have a dropdown (or check boxes) on the comment for Needs Review or Needs Revision.

The simplest example is someone checks in a change that breaks the build. I open the CL, click on the offending line, type a comment with the error and check Needs Revision. Now the developer could get an email saying that a review was started AND why - all in the one notification.

#2 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

In a similar vein, it would also be very convenient to add a few comments on source lines while annotating a change, and post all the comments in a single operation. Again to have one email with potentially related comments.

Perhaps just adding a Post All Comments button at the top and/or bottom.

#3 P4Nellie

P4Nellie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

Hi Pete. Thanks for your enhancement requests. I've captured it in our backlog. The Post All Comments and less email are definitely topics on our radar.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, comment, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users