3 replies to this topic

#1 tswalker

tswalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

hello, I've been working the past day learning to use perforce and setup the server.  I have things working well with visual studio 2013, and Unity; however, i'm having troubles getting the plug-in for graphics tools installed.

I have Photoshop CC as well as Maya 2015 installed; however, the plug-in errors saying:

"None of the applications supported by the perforce plug-in for Graphical Tools could be found..."

I can understand perhaps for Maya being version 2015; however, it's also failing to find Photoshop CC.

I'm going to attempt to take a look at the source code made available, and perhaps try compiling the plugins and using without the installer, but this isn't really my forte.

Any updates available that could help?

(I'm using Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference)

thanks!

#2 tswalker

tswalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

ok, I was able to build the plugin for Maya 2015 and it loads...While it sees my server, it must be using my local workstation account (or something else.. *unknown*) to authenticate?I see no way to change this property in Maya to utilize my Perforce server user account.Posted Image

#3 tswalker

tswalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

:D

... hmmm, in this case, do I need to setup LDAP on the server to use active directory so that I get 'automatically' logged on?

#4 tswalker

tswalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

since, i'm just having a conversation with myself here :D

got LDAP working with a domain controller.. was a real pain to figure out how to get an account (Active Directory) to work with Perforce.. not very simple or logical IMO.

regardless, it is working now.

something was a little strange, as I had the P4V tool open to the workspace while setting up LDAP to verify access with my AD credentials, and then opened Maya which perforce then proceeded to give me errors about needing to add my workstation name as a client.  after closing P4V and Maya, it went away. was odd.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8.1, p4gt, installation, maya 2015, photoshop cc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users