12 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier Chatry

Olivier Chatry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hello !

So I'm trying swarm, using the OVA provided. Everything is running fine ( followed the different step, created triggers ). But whenever I try to submit a review from P4V ( using the latest version, right click on a changelist, "Request Swarm review" ), after filling the information and click "Review request", I get an error box saying :

Review could not be created.
Host requires authentication

Any idea on how to fix that ?

#2 P4Dale

P4Dale

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hello Olivier,

Please can you send the below information to Support@perforce.com to allow us to investigate further.

p4 -ztag info

p4 triggers -o

Swarm version number and string.

p4 configure show allservers

Regards,

Dale.
Swarm Dev.

#3 Olivier Chatry

Olivier Chatry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

Done, hopefully it is something I did ( would not be surprising ). I forgot to add that I have access to the swarm front-end and it fetch all the right information form perforce ( all changelist display, and user can login ).

#4 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

I just updated P4V and am having a similar problem. After adding the swarm property to Perforce:

p4 property -a -n P4.Swarm.URL -v http://mySwarmServer.com:1234

when I open P4V I get this message in the log:

Could not connect to Swarm. 'Host requires authentication'

Sure, we've configured Swarm to require a login, but should't it be using the credentials of my Perforce connection?

#5 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

Olivier: after discussing this with support, I'm told these are two known, related bugs that are currently being worked on:
  • The first is the issue I originally reported, where authentication is failing when P4V makes the initial Perforce connection - this fails if Swarm is configured to require a login.

• The second, which seems like your issue, we confirmed by temporarily removing the login requirement, is that P4V is not always translating the P4V server address (shown in Help > System Info) into the Perforce server address (shown in p4 info), causing the authentication error dialog after requesting the review. Supposedly this typically occurs with Brokers, Proxies of Forwarding Replicas, but I was also able to reproduce this in my environment.
Hopefully these will be addressed shortly.
HTH

#6 dekarguy

dekarguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

We just recently upgraded swarm and enabled the property on the server for the integration and get the same issue when trying to create a review from within P4V

Review could not be created. Host requires authentication

Is there an ETA on when this bug will be fixed, or any actions we can take to resolve this? Using the triggers with #review and @mentions still works

#7 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

dekarguy: I've confirmed that this is (mostly) working in the latest version of P4V (1007540). The one caveat is that you need to make sure you turn off the toggle for Edit > Preferences :: Connections :: Use IP-specific tickets when logging in.

In the few cases where that still doesn't work, have those users do the following:
  • Select Connection > Log Off
  • Remove their tickets file. On Windows, the ticket file is: %USERPROFILE%\p4tickets.txt
  • Re-start P4V

HTH

#8 dekarguy

dekarguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

That seems to have done the trick, thanks!

#9 Harsha

Harsha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Hi,

I followed above steps/tricks and it worked like a charm from Windows P4V. Thanks for the details.

But, I am getting this error "Could not connect to Swarm. ‘SSL handshake failed” " when I tried the same from Mac (10.9.5) with P4V version 2014.3/1007540. Are there any additional settings required for Mac P4V?

Regards,
Harsha

#10 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostHarsha, on 13 August 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

But, I am getting this error "Could not connect to Swarm. ‘SSL handshake failed” " when I tried the same from Mac (10.9.5) with P4V version 2014.3/1007540. Are there any additional settings required for Mac P4V?

Hi Harsha,

You will have to either use a certificate signed by a certificate authority (you also have to set HTTP client options in config.php), or allow non-SSL connections on port 80 to get P4V.

You will have to allow connections on http to get P4V to connect.  You can configure the virtual host to accept both https connections on port 443, as well as http on port 80.  You should only need two host definitions in the same virtual machine configuration file. One for connections on port 80 and another for connections on port 443.

Note the second configuration in the following link 'Setting up HTTPS for Swarm’:

http://answers.perfo...ticles/KB/3977/

#11 André

André

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Also worked for me when I ran into the same problem recently. Thank you!

#12 MrScott

MrScott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

The directions by PeteS posted 16 March 2015 - 04:26 PM worked for me (three steps that delete the ticket file), Swarm 2016.1, P4V Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2015.2/1312139.  I just ran into the same problem again (second time), same resolution.

#13 inperforce

inperforce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Hi,

At the beginning sorry for my English.

I`ve problem with connection Swarm and p4v, when I open p4v in Log tab always display is " Could not connect to Swarm. 'Connection closed". I can`t solve this problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users