p4
p4merge
p4 merge
p4 help add
p4 set
p4v
perforce
P4Merge
P4 And  a few others. each gives error.But Finally I tried "set" after googling it finally i registered :)

#22 rockProp13

rockProp13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:23 AM

"Set" worked for me.
Night in the Singapore Property City, a brave band of heroes are ready to face fiendish villains to stop them messing with your new launches.

#23 seasoned_geek

seasoned_geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

View Postdragon, on 20 February 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

I was trying to answer the "Registration Question" in order to create a new account on these forums and found it extremely frustrating.  The question asked is "Name a Perforce command line command (all lower case)".  So I tried:
p4
p4merge
p4 merge
p4 help add
p4 set
p4v
perforce
P4Merge (even though it says all lower case)
P4

And probably a few others.  Each one gave me the error "Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again."  Except I wasn't sure if that cryptic error was referring to the Perforce command question or the additional security question that asks you to type numbers contained in an image.  I intentionally got the numbers wrong and got a different error, so it was definitely complaining about the command.

Finally I tried "set" on the off chance it wanted an argument to the p4 command, not including the p4.  And miraculously, it accepted that.  But someone needs to make that question and possible answers a heck of a lot more clear because I was very close to giving up on registering.

Just had the same miserable experience.

The third party service they use is __notorious__ for not working if _any_ ad blocking is enabled in a Web browser. I have went through this on other sites as well.

Nobody ever fixes it.

I have finally had to install a simple browser without any security or ad blocking and very little capability to use only during registrations. I cringe every time I have to use it because I know at some point that 3rd party verification service will be hacked and it will inject something horrible.

#24 alizadecruz

alizadecruz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:35 AM

the right answer is p4 help.

#25 Lexi Edwards

Lexi Edwards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNottingham, United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

View Postdragon, on 20 February 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

I was trying to answer the "Registration Question" in order to create a new account on these forums and found it extremely frustrating.  The question asked is "Name a Perforce command line command (all lower case)".  So I tried:
p4
p4merge
p4 merge
p4 help add
p4 set
p4v
perforce
P4Merge (even though it says all lower case)
P4

And probably a few others.  Each one gave me the error "Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again."  Except I wasn't sure if that cryptic error was referring to the Perforce command question or the additional security question that asks you to type numbers contained in an image.  I intentionally got the numbers wrong and got a different error, so it was definitely complaining about the command.

Finally I tried "set" on the off chance it wanted an argument to the p4 command, not including the p4.  And miraculously, it accepted that.  But someone needs to make that question and possible answers a heck of a lot more clear because I was very close to giving up on registering.

Thanks Your information helped me to register. I tried the way you tried all the perforce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users