Enhancement to who can modify a review (e.g. add reviewers)

swarm review reviewer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

Currently, the only people that can directly* add reviewers to a review are the author of the changelist and members of the project. In our scenario, the only project members are the project managers, as they are the only ones who want to see all review requests.

Realistically, there are two other types of users that should be able to easily add reviewers: the requester of the review (so he/she can delegate the review to the appropriate developers) and existing reviewers (who might find they want a second opinion or more detailed expertise).

In addition, the person who requested the review should also have permission to approve or reject the review as updates are applied, without having to [temporarily] add themselves to the project. Since we allow anyone to be members of our projects, restricting modifications to members seems like an unnecessary restriction.

* Note: anyone can actually add a reviewer by adding a comment with @theNewReveiewer in it, but that's really more of a hack / workaround.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for the details and feedback, Pete.

I have added your name and email to an enhancement request on your behalf to Allow non project members to modify, approve / reject reviews. Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#3 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

Thank you.

To be clear, if there's any reluctance to open this to anyone, I'd be perfectly fine with only adding modification privileges to anyone who is an author, reviewer, or requester of the review.

#4 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

Okay, I will make sure that I add this additional comment to the enhancement report.

#5 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostPeteS, on 26 February 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Currently, the only people that can directly* add reviewers to a review are the author of the changelist and members of the project. In our scenario, the only project members are the project managers, as they are the only ones who want to see all review requests.

FYI, in Swarm 2014.4, they added an option to turn off the spamming of review requests to all project members. So, you can make Swarm quieter now.
--
Brian

#6 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

View Postbriand, on 27 February 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

FYI, in Swarm 2014.4, they added an option to turn off the spamming of review requests to all project members. So, you can make Swarm quieter now.

Yes I'm aware, but in our case, the project managers *want* to see all the review requests, so they are the only ones that join the project.

AFAIK, there's no way for a single individual to subscribe to all review request without spamming all the project members.

#7 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

View PostPeteS, on 27 February 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

AFAIK, there's no way for a single individual to subscribe to all review request without spamming all the project members.
I asked about this back in December and at the time there was no individual control on email preferences, but plans were in the works.

Here is the thread: http://forums.perfor...roject-members/
--
Brian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, review, reviewer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users