#1 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

Scenario:
  • Coder shelves files A B & C to shelf 100, request review, Swarm automatically creates Review shelf 101
  • Reviewer comments that the change to B is undesired
  • Coder reverts B and removes from shelf 100
  • [To the best of my knowledge:] Swarm automatically creates a new Swarm Review shelf 102 from the previous Swarm Review shelf 101, then updates Swarm Review shelf 101 with the latest changes from the newly updated user shelf 100. [I'm only 90% certain about this part, but I *believe* CL 101 is always the latest up-to-date shelf for this review, and would be the shelf submitted by "Approve & Commit"]
The problem is that even though file B is no longer part of CL 100, the modified version of B *is* still part of all the Swarm shelves, 101 and 102.

I'm fairly certain that if I were to "Approve & Commit" the review, the undesired change for B would get submitted.

I suppose I could manually remove B from CL 101 (or would it be 102 [or both]?), but that seems backwards & dangerous.

So what is the correct, safe thing to do at this point?

#2 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Update: it looks like the trick would be to remove the reverted files from the changelist that bears the number of the review, in the above example CL 101.

After experimenting, removing B from 101 no longer displays it in Review 101, so I *believe* that if i were to Approve & Commit Review 101 then B will not be part of the submit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, review, revert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users