As of June 29 2015 I've updated the workshop with code and assets for an updated P4Connect GA.8 Release
Bug fixes from previous GA releases. The Release versions are the same as the Asset Store and Perforce ftp releases.
All initial and experimental builds are available from the swarm releases directory. This is the "Bleeding Edge" of bug fixes and features.
There are both RELEASE and DEBUG versions, they should have the same functionality, except that some
logging is disabled in Release mode, and NUnit requires DEBUG mode.
Once a build is mature enough, it will be submitted to the Unity Asset Store, and to the Perforce ftp downloads site.
Please review the release notes to see new features and known limitations.
P4Connect is supported by Perforce software, you can contact support at "firstname.lastname@example.org" if you have
questions about features, installs or bugs.
- Before installing a new release, make sure you have removed the old one by deleting all assets in ./Assets/P4Connect/... from your project.
- There may be a few spurious errors during start-up before you can finish Perforce configuration and save the settings.
- If you are running Windows and get a "DLL not found" error, you may need to install the VS2013 redistributable package. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- Once you get a configuration which works and can "connect" to Perforce correctly, you need to save your configuration by either pressing "Save Editor Prefs" or "Save Config Asset" buttons. Once this is done, P4Connect should automatically connect the next time Unity is restarted.
Please create and/or update Jobs on the workshop as you discover issues with the Beta. If the bug you are looking for already exists, and you have additional information which would be helpful, please just add to the existing job.
If you think the community could be of help, please feel free to post your questions in this forum.
Don't forget to provide the following detail in your bug reports.
- Perforce server version "p4 -Ztag info"
- P4Connect release (look at the bottom right corner of the Perforce Configuration window)
- Unity3d Version
- Operating system version, 32bit or 64bit
If you would like to contribute to P4Connect development, please create the changes you'd like on "main" and
shelve them with the "#review" keyword to trigger the Workshop review mechanism.
The project curator will then review your change and decide if it is appropriate to merge into the source base.
Edited by P4Norman, 29 June 2015 - 06:36 PM.