#1 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

NEW GA RELEASE!

As of June 29 2015 I've  updated the workshop with code and assets for an updated P4Connect GA.8 Release

Bug fixes from previous GA releases.  The Release versions are the same as the Asset Store and Perforce ftp releases.

All initial and experimental builds are available from the swarm releases directory. This is the "Bleeding Edge" of bug fixes and features.

https://swarm.worksh...s/main/releases

There are both RELEASE and DEBUG versions, they should have the same functionality, except that some
logging is disabled in Release mode, and NUnit requires DEBUG mode.

Once a build is mature enough, it will be submitted to the Unity Asset Store, and to the Perforce ftp downloads site.

https://www.assetsto...!/content/25523

http://www.perforce....downloads/helix

RELEASE NOTES:

Please review the release notes to see new features and known limitations.

https://swarm.worksh...nect/readme.txt

SUPPORT:

P4Connect is supported by Perforce software,  you can contact support at "support@perforce.com" if you have
questions about features, installs or bugs.

Known Issues:
  • Before installing a new release, make sure you have removed the old one by deleting all assets in ./Assets/P4Connect/...  from your project.
  • There may be a few spurious errors during start-up before you can finish Perforce configuration and save the settings.
  • If you are running Windows and get a "DLL not found" error, you may need to install the VS2013 redistributable package.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
  • Once you get a configuration which works and can "connect" to Perforce correctly, you need to save your configuration by either pressing "Save Editor Prefs" or "Save Config Asset" buttons. Once this is done, P4Connect should automatically connect the next time Unity is restarted.
BUG REPORTS:

Please create and/or update Jobs on the workshop as you discover issues with the Beta.   If the bug you are looking for already exists, and you have additional information which would be helpful, please just add to the existing job.

If you think the community could be of help, please feel free to post your questions in this forum.

Don't forget to provide the following detail in your bug reports.  
  • Perforce server version "p4 -Ztag info"
  • P4Connect release (look at the bottom right corner of the Perforce Configuration window)
  • Unity3d Version
  • Operating system version,  32bit or 64bit
PUSH REQUESTS:

If you would like to contribute to P4Connect development, please create the changes you'd like on "main" and
shelve them with the "#review" keyword to trigger the Workshop review mechanism.

The project curator will then review your change and decide if it is appropriate to merge into the source base.

Edited by P4Norman, 29 June 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#2 infosekr

infosekr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

I'm getting errors (duplicate p4bridge.dll) and crashes when trying out the new P4Connect. I tried to sign up to the workshop to log a job but I get Internal Server Error when creating the account. Let me know how I can get the error details to you if you haven't already seen this bug.

#3 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

View Postinfosekr, on 24 March 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

I'm getting errors (duplicate p4bridge.dll) and crashes when trying out the new P4Connect. I tried to sign up to the workshop to log a job but I get Internal Server Error when creating the account. Let me know how I can get the error details to you if you haven't already seen this bug.

Hi Infosekr,

1.  I should have added a section to the instructions about removing old installs of P4Connect.

Before installing the new release, make sure you have removed ./Assets/P4Connect/...  

That way you won't end up with too many p4bridge.dll files :)

2. One thing to try is to disable / reenable the Perforce Integration option, which can sometimes fix things.

3. Assuming you are trying Windows with Unity 5....

Another possibility is to go into your Project window, and look for ./Assets/P4Connect/Editor/x86/p4bridge.dll   and select it.
In the information pane, you should be able to choose some options about when this file will be loaded in unity.

Same thing for the ./Assets/P4Connect/Editor/x86_64/p4bridge.dll.

Please let me know if this works for you.

#4 nindim

nindim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

I have just tried the release package (2.7 beta1) and am experiencing the same issue as infosekr.

Modifying "Editor/p4bridge.dll" so none of the platforms are ticked in the "Select platforms for plugin" box seems to "fix" the issue.

I can now change the plugin settings, it works fine till I get down to adding the Workspace, on pressing "Verify", Unity crashes.

I am running Windows7 x64 and Unity 5.

I am seeing the same behaviour with the debug package, there doesn't seem to be anything useful in the editor log with either package.

Anything you want me to do to narrow this down further?

Cheers.

#5 Stuart Harrison

Stuart Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

Added :
https://swarm.worksh.../jobs/job000179 - blocking issue

https://swarm.worksh.../jobs/job000180 - minor

Many thanks for your work so far!

#6 Stuart Harrison

Stuart Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

Also added : https://swarm.worksh.../jobs/job000181 - minor bug

#7 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hi,

Before configuring the P4Connect workspace, go into P4V and make sure you can access the workspace you want.

Then get the settings from the P4V connection and use those in the P4Connect configuration.

You should be able to access the workspace in P4V before trying to use P4Connect.

-Norman

View Postnindim, on 25 March 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hi,

I have just tried the release package (2.7 beta1) and am experiencing the same issue as infosekr.

Modifying "Editor/p4bridge.dll" so none of the platforms are ticked in the "Select platforms for plugin" box seems to "fix" the issue.

I can now change the plugin settings, it works fine till I get down to adding the Workspace, on pressing "Verify", Unity crashes.

I am running Windows7 x64 and Unity 5.

I am seeing the same behaviour with the debug package, there doesn't seem to be anything useful in the editor log with either package.

Anything you want me to do to narrow this down further?

Cheers.

#8 Aksabhan

Aksabhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hello,
I tried these solutions but I still get an error message and Unity crashes without saying goodbye (Windows took care of that part though...).
The error message I get from P4Connect is :

P4Connect encountered the following exception:
Connect to server failed ; check $P4PORT//I have and verified the port...
TCP connect to perforce : 1666 failed.//weird because the setting was changed to another server (cvjv01:1666)
The name is valid, but no data of the required type has been found //loose translation, some software over here are installed in french.

I hope it helps ! And if you have another solution, I'm all eyes (since I won't here anything...) :)
Aksabhan

#9 earnold

earnold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

Hi Norman!

Firstly thank you for your work on this plugin :)

I am having the same crash as user nindim.

Platform:
  • Windows 7, 64-bit
  • Unity 5 v5.0.0p2
  • p4Connect 2.7 betaD.12101
  • Perforce Server version: P4D/NTX64/2010.2/284433 (2011/01/28)

Steps Taken:
  • Uninstalled previous versions of p4Connect.
  • Change Edit->Project Settings->Editor Version control to Visible Meta Files (forcing text).
  • Import beta version 2.7 p4Connect.
  • Disabled Editor/p4bridge.dll in favor of Editor/x86_64/p4bridge.dll (to eliminate dll clashing).
  • Credentials in Edit->Perforce Settings all correct.
  • "Valid!" server, user and password.
  • Crash occurs when verifying workspace.
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but here is the dump windows provides:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Unity.exe
  Application Version: 5.0.0.9261
  Application Timestamp: 550966d1
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_40b9
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp: 521eaf24
  Exception Code: c0000374
  Exception Offset: 00000000000c4102
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 40b9
  Additional Information 2: 40b9ccdec57f1cfb1b5946029dc3dd8e
  Additional Information 3: 9978
  Additional Information 4: 997867af134bcd92d4553d8a472fda54

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thank you again for your work!

#10 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Hi Aksabhan,

Please try connecting to your server using P4V before attempting to configure P4Connect.

You can then copy the settings from the P4V connection into the P4Connect configuration.

I'm not sure why the server name changed,  it is possible that your EditorPrefs specify that server and somehow the configuration
change did not overwrite your EditorPrefs.

Another possibility is that you have enabled the "Use Configuration Asset" option, and the Config.Asset contains bad configuration info.
Try unchecking the box and removing ./Assets/P4Connect/Editor/Config.Asset   before configuring it again.

View PostAksabhan, on 25 March 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Hello,
I tried these solutions but I still get an error message and Unity crashes without saying goodbye (Windows took care of that part though...).
The error message I get from P4Connect is :

P4Connect encountered the following exception:
Connect to server failed ; check $P4PORT//I have and verified the port...
TCP connect to perforce : 1666 failed.//weird because the setting was changed to another server (cvjv01:1666)
The name is valid, but no data of the required type has been found //loose translation, some software over here are installed in french.

I hope it helps ! And if you have another solution, I'm all eyes (since I won't here anything...) :)
Aksabhan

#11 nindim

nindim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Hi, everything works as expected from P4V, I only have the issue with the latest plugin in Unity 5.

The same settings worked with Unity 4.6 and the older version of the pugin...

View PostP4Norman, on 25 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hi,

Before configuring the P4Connect workspace, go into P4V and make sure you can access the workspace you want.

Then get the settings from the P4V connection and use those in the P4Connect configuration.

You should be able to access the workspace in P4V before trying to use P4Connect.

-Norman

#12 Stuart Harrison

Stuart Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

New bug added:
https://swarm.worksh.../jobs/job000188 - seems to be an incompatibility between Perforce and other DLL-using plugins.

This one has forced us to remove the Perforce Integration from our project as it's blocking us from being able to use other integrated modules.

#13 geekstress

geekstress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

I am having the same crash as nindim and earnold.  

My repro steps are identical to earnold except that I am also able to reproduce this in an empty, fresh project that has never had P4Connect or built in unity P4 installed to it and has no other assets or plugins save for a single scene file.  i have disabled all versions of p4bridge.dll except for the one found in x86_64 and am not using a config file, p4ignore or config asset.  

I have the same workspace opened in P4v simultaneously so I can confirm that my settings are correct and I have access to the workspace.  

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.

#14 Tim Keating

Tim Keating

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

I can confirm that the crash on verifying workspace name is also happening on the latest version of Mac OS X 10.10 (down to the exact repro steps). I have verified that the connection information should work (have that workspace open in P4V concurrently), so the setting ought to be correct.

#15 Stuart Harrison

Stuart Harrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

Hi, I don't suppose there's any chance of an update on progress with addressing the issues in P4Connect?  We're getting to the point in pre-production where we need to identify which source control provider to use and we all want to use Perforce, but if it's not ready we will need to switch to another provider before the team size starts to ramp up - we can't work without an integrated solution.

Any news would be helpful.

#16 geekstress

geekstress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Any updates on the crash bug?

#17 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Thank you to everyone who reported the crash bug under Unity 5 while setting Workspace.
I have reproduced the problem, and am investigating a fix.

I have released a BETA2 version of P4Connect which should fix this issue.

Please let me know what you discover!

-Norman

#18 geekstress

geekstress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

Great news!  Thanks guys!

#19 pbertonejr

pbertonejr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

I just grabbed 2.7 beta2 and can confirm the crash issue has been resolved. There are a few other issues though. The plugin does not stay active if I restart Unity. It also prefixes the folder of the project an extra time. It does not recognize any of my assets as being in perforce and if I add them from inside Unity then check in p4v the path looks like this: //depot/ProjectName/ProjectName/Assets/P4Connect/readme.txt

My project should be in: //depot/ProjectName/Assets/P4Connect/readme.txt

I'm on a Mac Pro, 10.10.3 (latest beta), Unity 5.0.1. Hope this helps.

#20 vferguson

vferguson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

The Beta 2 release does seem to have fixed the login issue.  However, the path of every file is duplicated as described here: https://swarm.workshop.perforce.com/jobs/job000179 when adding a file to the depot.  In addition, Perforce Integration is disabled by default every time the project is opened.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users