• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 geekstress

geekstress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

I am experiencing the same two issues mentioned above.  I am on Windows 7 64bit using Unity 5.0.0f4

#22 Hawkwise

Hawkwise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

Just tested out the newest beta version on the newest version of unity (5.0.1f1). Using the 64 bit version of Unity 5 on Windows 7. Using: p4connect2.7DebugBeta2.unitypackage #1

Everything seems great, but there is a weird issue where it can't check out a modified file, and instead puts it in the pending changelist as a file to be added, even though it exists in Perforce, and in Unity already. This happen to anyone else?

Hoping to use this instead of the built in perforce thing unity has.

#23 Hawkwise

Hawkwise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

So, it seems like p4 connect things my perforce files are in a slightly different path structure. Which doesn't exist, so it tries to add them.

#24 Hawkwise

Hawkwise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, found the problem. The paths are weird.

Correct File Path in Perforce itself: //depot/Gyms/Utopia/Assets/Scenes/0_Main.unity
P4 Connect Incorrect Path: //depot/Gyms/Utopia/Gyms/Utopia/Assets/Scenes/0_Main.unity

Seems like it wants all my files to be the root folder in depot, but we have a folder structure above that.

#25 plolley

plolley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostHawkwise, on 07 April 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

Yeah, found the problem. The paths are weird.

Correct File Path in Perforce itself: //depot/Gyms/Utopia/Assets/Scenes/0_Main.unity
P4 Connect Incorrect Path: //depot/Gyms/Utopia/Gyms/Utopia/Assets/Scenes/0_Main.unity

Seems like it wants all my files to be the root folder in depot, but we have a folder structure above that.

I'm having the exact same problem.

#26 Lamargo

Lamargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

Is there any update on the duplicated project directory bug? ( https://swarm.worksh.../jobs/job000179 ) Do you need more information?

Cheers,

Lam

#27 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostLamargo, on 14 April 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Hi,

Is there any update on the duplicated project directory bug? ( https://swarm.worksh.../jobs/job000179 ) Do you need more information?

Cheers,

Lam

I got more information today, but I have one more question:

How specifically did you do trigger this problem,  did you right click on a file and then Perforce->Checkout?

Or was the asset opened for edit in a different way?

-Norman

#28 pbertonejr

pbertonejr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

I noticed that none of my files had the green dot so I right clicked and did "Add to Perforce". Then looked in p4v to see the path and that's where I saw the double project directories.

#29 Lamargo

Lamargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostP4Norman, on 14 April 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

I got more information today, but I have one more question:

How specifically did you do trigger this problem,  did you right click on a file and then Perforce->Checkout?

Or was the asset opened for edit in a different way?

-Norman

Yes. Whenever I have to manually add a file to the depot via Unity, I right-click on the asset, Perforce > Add to Depot. I can then see it in the Perforce window within Unity. From here, entering a description then submitting results in the error described. If I look at P4V, it shows the extra folder in the pending list.

If p4connect is running, and a new asset is created, it is automatically added to perforce via p4connect, and does not have this issue. Sorry. This was a mistake. It doesn't add to the depot automatically, I was looking at the workspace view. This is why you shouldn't post on forums before the 2nd cup of coffee! :D

#30 vferguson

vferguson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

My quick repro case was to create a new GameObject in the scene hierarchy, then drag it into the Assets folder in the project window to create a new prefab.  With Perforce Integration enabled, this triggers an add to the depot.  This also happens when you drag a new asset into the project window from Windows Explorer (eg. texture, FBX, etc.).

#31 Lamargo

Lamargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

I noticed some files got updated/checked in to the swarm last week, can I use these somehow or am I best to wait on a release?

#32 pjarvis

pjarvis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:13 AM

Just chiming in to say myself and others on my development team have been experiencing the same couple issues that have been brought up over the last few weeks -- Perforce not automatically loading when a Unity Project is loaded, and it attempting to add/check-in files to duplicate directory structures.  We're definitely looking forward to a fix, and can provide repro steps if it would help in any way :)

Everyone on our team are using Unity 5.0.1f1 (64-bit personal) with the P4connect BETA2 release on Windows 7.

#33 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:35 AM

View PostLamargo, on 20 April 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I noticed some files got updated/checked in to the swarm last week, can I use these somehow or am I best to wait on a release?

Wait...  I expect to release another Beta this week.

#34 Lamargo

Lamargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostP4Norman, on 23 April 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

Wait...  I expect to release another Beta this week.
Awesome news! Thanks, Norman! :)

#35 Samur

Samur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hey! We found out that whenever you go to play mode (click play) p4connect disables itself reseting all of the settings. Strange that no one is having this, though...

#36 Lamargo

Lamargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostP4Norman, on 23 March 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

NEW BETA3 RELEASE!

As of April 26, 2015 I've  updated the workshop with code and assets for an updated P4Connect Beta3

Rewrote Configuration Dialog
Added log4net library
Added nunit library (in debug build)
Fixed Job000202,  job000180, job000179, job000170, job000156, job000150, job000124

Hi Norman,

I don't see the BETA3 release in the workshop, still just BETA2 sitting there, or do I grab the new files myself?

Cheers,

Lam

#37 plolley

plolley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostLamargo, on 27 April 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Hi Norman,

I don't see the BETA3 release in the workshop, still just BETA2 sitting there, or do I grab the new files myself?

Cheers,

Lam

From the history page:

12512 norman_morse Integrate from Dev branch, preparing for Beta3 release about 14 hours ago

It doesn't look like it's been posted yet but hopefully soon!

#38 pbertonejr

pbertonejr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

Success! (mostly)

With beta3 I'm able to connect to my database, save and the files auto-checkout and right-click to checkout. I had the plugin throw and error when attempting to check a file in from the project window.

Repro:
- Right-click to check-in a previously checked out window.
- The popup didn't have any files selected to check in so I checked the one I wanted to check in.
- Hit submit and got the following error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
P4Connect.Engine.GetLockState (Perforce.P4.FileMetaData aMeta) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:612)
P4Connect.Engine.SubmitFiles (P4Connect.PerforceConnection aConnection, System.String aChangeListDescription, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 aFiles) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:784)
P4Connect.PendingChanges+<>c__DisplayClassa.<SubmitFiles>b__8 (P4Connect.PerforceConnection con) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.PendingChanges.cs:911)
P4Connect.Engine.PerformConnectionOperation (System.Action`1 aConnectionOperation) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:746)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
P4Connect.Engine:LogP4Exception(Exception) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:1525)
P4Connect.Engine:PerformConnectionOperation(Action`1) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:752)
P4Connect.PendingChanges:SubmitFiles() (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.PendingChanges.cs:911)
P4Connect.PendingChanges:OnGUI() (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.PendingChanges.cs:739)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

#39 Lamargo

Lamargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

View Postpbertonejr, on 28 April 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Success! (mostly)

With beta3 I'm able to connect to my database, save and the files auto-checkout and right-click to checkout. I had the plugin throw and error when attempting to check a file in from the project window.

Getting the same thing here, same repro as described.

I also noticed this:

LocalPathToRelativePath returns ssets\scene1.unity.meta
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
P4Connect.Utils:LocalPathToRelativePath(String) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Utils.cs:563)
P4Connect.Utils:CheckForMissingFilesAndWarn(IList`1, IList`1, String) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Utils.cs:256)
P4Connect.Operations:Checkout(PerforceConnection, IList`1, IList`1) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.Operations.cs:312)
P4Connect.FileListOperation:Run(PerforceConnection) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:225)
P4Connect.FileListOperations:Run(PerforceConnection) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:337)
P4Connect.Engine:PerformOperation(String[], String[], AssetOperation) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:901)
P4Connect.Engine:CheckoutAssets(String[]) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.Engine.cs:525)
P4Connect.AssetBridge:OnWillSaveAssets(String[]) (at c:/workshop/guest/perforce_software/p4connect/src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.AssetBridge.cs:70)
UnityEditor.AssetModificationProcessorInternal:OnWillSaveAssets(String[], String[]&, String[]&, Int32)

Perhaps this is correct, but the returned path appears to be missing the 'A' from "Assets\scene1.unity.meta"

#40 plolley

plolley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

With Beta3 debug/release I get the following error trying to open the window:

GUI Window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I deleted my previous version of P4Connect and re-installed from the new package, restarting Unity in between.  Do I need to clean some registry settings or something?

Reverting back to beta 2 gets rid of the error message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users