#1 fourbadcats

fourbadcats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

Looking into moving to P4VS today.

I noticed see that the options panel within Visual Studio does not handle control widths quite right when running under high DPI (125% in my case).

Examples:
"[x] Automatically add new files to"  
"[x] Treat Solution/Projects as directories when"

TruncatedP4VS.png

#2 fourbadcats

fourbadcats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

I'll add some more P4VS wishes here as I've discovered them.

* P4VS panes such as File History, Pending/Submitted Changelists do not have customizable background colors. Ideally, they should honor my Visual Studio theme (Black in my case). The white backgrounds really stand out so I've closed the P4VS panes.

* In the panes I mentioned above, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the bottom portion of the panel by dragging the splitter to the bottom. P4V does allow that.

* File diffing: it sure would be nice to have an option for P4VS to use the built-in TFS file diffing and merging tools.

#3 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback and the print screen.  To make sure I understand your requests better, can you please answer the following?

- When you mentioned 'no customizable background colors' is the issue that P4VS is not following the Windows system theme menu colors for background?

Or are you using a Visual Studio theme? For example:

1) connect to perforce server
2) open a tool window (e.g. View -> Workspaces)
3) Tools -> Options -> General -> Color Theme: (set to Dark)

- When you mention there is not 'a way to turn off the bottom portion of the panel', can you please send a print screen of what portion of the dialog window you are trying to hide?

- When you mention the TFS diff merge tool, have you tried setting it up as a 3rd party tool?

For example: Tools -> Options... -> Source Control -> Plug-in Settings -> Advanced -> Merge tab

#4 fourbadcats

fourbadcats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the reply,

For the theme issue:

I am referring to the Visual Studio theme. I have it set to 'Dark' but the Pending view does not have a dark background.

I'm attaching a screenshot which shows this as well as the "no way to turn off the bottom panel" issue.cNotice the bad background color and that the "Change: 15988   User: saspjs" area will not go away.

For the diff/merge request:

I have tried setting the third-party diff tool to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\vsDiffMerge.exe" with arguments %1 %2 but the diff does not show up when launched from the P4VS windows. It does work if I instead run vsDiffMerge from the OS command prompt.

John

Attached Thumbnails

• NoDarkTheme.png
  • diff.png

#5 kokmang

kokmang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

I am facing exactly the same issue.

For the diff/merge request:

I have tried setting the third-party diff tool to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\vsDiffMerge.exe" with arguments %1 %2 but the diff does not show up when launched from the P4VS windows. It does work if I set to others third party tool like beyond compare.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4VS, VisualStudio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users