• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hyunjik Bae

Hyunjik Bae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

Sometimes my VS2013 is freezed for tens of seconds for every several minutes.
Posted Image
I use several Visual Studio addon such as Visual Assist X, DevArt Review Assistant, T4 addon, ANTLR addon, SCE Debugger, Python Tools, VisualGDB, etc.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing freezing with your P4VS plug-in. To help trouble-shoot this issue, please see the following:

A]  Which version of P4VS are you using?  In Visual Studio, go to: Tools -> Extension Manager.

B] What version of Windows are you using?

C] Have you tried the new  'Lazy Load' option?

This should alleviate the issue of many fstats on your project files. It was introduced in the version 2015.1 of P4VS. This feature is turned on/off via the menu Tools -> Options -> Source Control -> Perforce General.

The "Lazy Load" feature was designed to cut down load time and general performance on large projects and/or slow connections.  The doc also describes the feature here:

http://ftp.perforce....s.general.files

The P4VS release notes mention it here under New functionality in 2015.1,
1020819 (Bug 77607) *:

http://www.perforce....r/p4vsnotes.txt

D] Modify your refresh settings
  • From P4V, go to Edit --> Preferences --> Server Data and change Check server for updates every from 5 to 1440 minutes (i.e., 24 hours).  that's the largest value P4V will accept.
  • From Visual Studio, go to Tools --> Options --> Tools Source Control --> Perforce - Data retrieval, change Check server for updates every from 5 to 1440 minutes.

Please let us know if either option C or D helps resolve your issue.

#3 Hyunjik Bae

Hyunjik Bae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

Thank you for your reply.
That problem only occurs when I am connecting to P4 server from low quality network environment. Our P4 server is in Korea and I was in Vietnam.

Posted Image

Though I cannot reproduce the problem anymore as I returned, I will keep this link and try again once the problem occurs again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users