#1 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

A user reports to me:

When the description in a Perforce change list is edited, the updated description does not get reflected in the corresponding Swarm review description, even after re-shelving the files in the review.

• Steps to reproduce:
  • Create a change list in Perforce with a token description (you may need to make a token modification to a file as well). Include "#review" in the description.
  • Shelve the Perforce change.
  • Confirm that a Swarm review was created. Confirm that the Swarm review description matches the description in Perforce.
  • In Perforce, unshelve the change list. Modify the file, and edit the change list description.
  • Re-shelve the change in Perforce.
  • Analyze the Swarm review.

Current Result: The file modifications are correctly reflected, but the Swarm review description matches the original perforce change description instead of the revised version.

Desired Result: Both the files and the description match the updated version.

#2 P4Nellie

P4Nellie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hi Andrew

Your user is experiencing Swarm as it currently behaves. We have had a few requests to synchronize change and review descriptions. We've started the framework to accomplish this and I'll add your name to this enhacement request.

In the meantime, the workaround I can think of is to edit the review description in Swarm as well. There's a pencil icon in the Review summary area that will let you do this.

Best regards,
Nellie

#3 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Yeah I saw that. Thanks for the update. I'll pass it along...

#4 PeteS

PeteS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

Please add me as well.

#5 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

Andrew and Pete,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. There is an enhancement request to synchronize change and review descriptions so that when a Perforce change description is edited, it updates the corresponding Swarm review description. I have added your contact details to the report.  Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#6 markyt

markyt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

Please add me as well.

Cheers
Mark

#7 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

Hi Mark,

No problem. I have added you to the existing enhancement request to synchronize change and review descriptions so that when a Perforce change description is edited, it updates the corresponding Swarm review description. I have added your contact details to the report.  Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#8 Suresh

Suresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:21 AM

Please add me as well.

#9 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostSuresh, on 30 March 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Please add me as well.

You have been added along with your contact details to the report.  Should it be included in a future release you will receive a notification email.

#10 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

The sync_descriptionsconfigurable was added in Swarm 2017.1. Here's the extract from the latest Swarm Guide describing it

Synchronize review description

By enabling the synchronization of review descriptions, it becomes possible to update the description of a review by updating the description of a changelist associated with the review. Whenever an associated changelist is saved, the text of the review will be updated to match.
Note
Attaching another changelist to a review, or updating the files in a changelist will not trigger this update, but updating the description of additional attached changelists will.
            'reviews' => array(
                'sync_descriptions' => false,
            ),

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users