3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

I submitted a change for review. Now the situation is that we have review enforcement on for this so I cannot commit the change until I get an approved review. Additionally I'm set up to be the moderator for the project.

I submit the review 2 weeks ago but it's often hard to get others to take time out of their busy schedules to actually do the review. Since the code can't get into production until I get an approval sometimes I need to be sneaky and put a copy of the change into production while still waiting for the review to happen. So that's what I did.

The reviewer finally reviewed the change and voted it up. Today I tried to submit the change but it stopped me saying the review was not approved. I believe I Archived it. Anyways there was no Approve option.

I changed it to Needs Review hoping I could just approve and commit it. But I can't because there's no Approve option. There's just Needs Revision, Archived and Already Committed - none of those options helps me! It doesn't Need Revision it needs approval. Archived was where I was at before so that's not helpful. And Already Committed can't be done because I can't commit it!

So how do I get this review approved?

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

Hi Andrew,

To get a better idea of which state the review is in currently, please let us know the following:

a] Are you setup as a moderator? See 'Adding Moderators' http://www.perforce.....add.moderators

b] Are you the author for the review in question? I ask because if a branch is moderated, the author of the review normally cannot change the state to 'Approved' or 'Rejected'. However if you are an author with moderator privileges you should be able to approve or reject your own review.

c] Does the review have required reviewers and have all the required reviewers up-voted the review? (Otherwise the review cannot be 'Approved')

REFERENCES

- State change restrictions with moderation
http://www.perforce....ates.moderation

#3 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

• I am configured as the moderator as well as another person.
  • I am the author of the review. I cannot approve nor reject this review. The review is in "Needs Review" state. The options under "Needs Review are Needs Revision, Archive and Already Committed.
  • There is one reviewer who happens to be the other moderator on the branch. He has upvoted the review.
Now what?

#4 MrScott

MrScott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:31 PM

I've run into the same(?) issue, except that I am not the author.  
Perhaps the issue is related to "I am configured as the moderator as well as another person"?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, approved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users