Setup Swarm projects via Active Directory groups?

Swarm Projects Active Directory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Is it possible to utilize Active Directory groups to setup Swarm projects instead of having to input each and every project member into each project?

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

Hi Andrew,

We do have users using Swarm with Active Directory via an external authentical trigger, for example. Have you tried a setup and ran into issues?

What version of the Perforce server are you using?  This will determine how AD or LDAP is used since the 2014.2 version introduced a new 'AuthMethod' user spec field:

http://www.perforce....er/relnotes.txt

#3 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

We're using Swarm 2015.1.

I don't understand your concern with authentication. I was not talking about authenticating people. It's my understanding that Swarm authenticates using Perforce. IOW if you have a Perforce account you should be able to log into Swarm. As for Perforce authentication, we authenticate with AD using a Perl script that I wrote (and I believe even posted here).

What I was asking for was the ability to go into Swarm to configure a project and rather than having to type in 20 usernames, instead specify an Active Directory group. Swarm would then talk to AD and find all the members of that group and add them in. Additional Swarm should be able update the list of users in a project based on that AD group should new members be added to the AD group or users removed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Swarm, Projects, Active Directory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users