No replies to this topic

#1 Lord_Migit

Lord_Migit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

Hey guys.

We have a complicated situation going on at the moment. We are looking at making the transition for one of our projects over to the stream system, so it is currently at this strange point in the middle where some of the modules are being worked on by in a branch system and the newer modules are worked on using streams.

Anyway, the short version is I am wondering two things. First and most importantly, is it possible to unshelve changes from _depot1\branch1 into _depot2\stream1. Across different depots from a branch into a stream and if so is it going to cause us any problems later on.

Second, I have read in a number of places that there must be a direct parent/child relationship when unshelving between streams, but using the command line I have been able to unshelve between unrelated streams regardless. I am wondering if this is likely to cause any problems later on or what the ramifications might be for doing so.

using: p4 unshelve -s <number> -S //depot/stream1 -P //depot/stream2

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: streams, depot, unshelve, shelves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users